BlackDog Minecraft/Spigot MultiVerse
The BlackDog Rules
- Please enjoy your time here.
- Exercise common courtesy.
- No griefing.
Unless you have permission from the owner of a game element, leave it alone.
- Hacks and exploits give unfair advantage. We discourage such behavior.
Non-AFK farming and mining machines, built in-game, are encouraged. Show your creativity.
- client-side farming or mining machines
- flight boosters
- gamma/brightness boosters, night vision
- radar, x-ray, or other ore finders
- We use software to detect and block exploits, but in the end it's really up to you to do the right thing.
- We encourage you to report suspected exploits. We will investigate and take appropriate action.
- Use common sense.
- If you think anything you're about to do might be against the rules, don't do it.
- If you're not sure, ask an admin or op.
to report issues or bugs, or ask questions.
Ask to be invited in-game.
BlackDog respects your privacy.
Our servers capture no personally-identifying information about our players.
Having said that,
the Minecraft server logs contain player IP addresses which are linked to player userids.
The logs also contain operational information that is useful to us for game-play issue resolution and debugging.
These data are accessible only to our computer operations staff.
The data are not accessible to other players or to in-game admins or ops.
Server logs are deleted on a rotating basis, after seven days.
So IP data in server logs are retained for no more than seven days.
The logs are also included in server backups.
Server backups are deleted on a rotating basis, after two days.
So IP data in server backups are retained for no more than two additional days,
for a total of nine days.
To quote Tastybento, the creator of BentoBox/BSkyBlock:
You find yourself marooned on an island in the sky with just a cow and a chest of strange items. Don't fall! Moo!
With these limited resources, you can build a thriving world.
There are challenges to be met, rewards to be earned, and bonus points to be won.
Each completed challenge earns a reward that helps with subsequent challenges.
Give it a try!
Most of our worlds feature black dogs, like those in the lobby.
But WHITEDOG and YELLOWDOG have different dogs and rabbits (guess the colors).
Moving between these worlds requires loading new skins.
Unfortunately, Minecraft reloads the entire default resourcepack, even if only one skin needs to change.
So moving between worlds with different dogs takes a few extra seconds.
Please be patient.
Your island is your home.
to create your home and to return to it.
Hunger and hydration
As in any survival environment, you will become hungry and thirsty as you expend energy.
Running and fighting increase the level of energy expenditure.
Eat occasionally to maintain health.
Hydration (thirst) is displayed in the tablist; 100 is full hydration.
Drink water, or wade in water when you get thirsty.
Early on, create reliable streams of wood and cobblestone, so you can build a larger island.
Wood is easy: cut trees, plant the dropped saplings, wait for them to grow, and repeat.
Cobblestone is more difficult: build wooden diversion troughs to create a cobblestone generator from water and lava flows
(you might want to create and test your design at the Playground).
With an unlimited supply of wood and cobblestone,
you can build a world.
Dirt is an extremely valuable resource.
You need to grow a variety of plants to meet novice challenges (and feed yourself).
So be very careful not to drop dirt into the void as you collect it.
The chest contains a limited supply of important items - don't waste them.
Meet the challenges, collect more resources as rewards, and expand your island.
Most challenges are repeatable, so you can collect additional rewards.
- Glass maker: Craft a block of glass.
Hint: Use one of the three blocks of sand on the island.
Reward: ice (think water).
- Bread maker: Bake 21 loaves of bread.
Hint: Grow and harvest wheat. Build a crafting table.
Reward: more dirt (think farming).
- Paper maker: Craft 21 pieces of paper.
Hint: Grow and harvest sugarcane. Convert it to paper.
Reward: dirt and clay blocks.
- Cobble maker: Create a cobblestone generator and mine 64 cobblestone.
Reward: some leather.
- Dye maker: Craft 32 cactus green dyes.
Hint: Use one of the blocks of sand. Craft a furnace from all that cobblestone.
Reward: saplings (oak, birch, jungle and spruce).
- Seedbank: Collect 64 melon seeds, 64 pumpkin seeds, and 64 wheat seeds.
Hint: You start with one each; don't waste them.
Reward: dirt and vines (think travel down)
- Stew maker: Cook 18 bowls of mushroom stew.
Hint: Grow mushrooms from the two in the chest.
- Builder: Reach island level 10.
Hint: Use wood and cobble to expand your floor space. It takes 1000 wood or cobble blocks; some other block types are more valuable.
Reward: iron pickaxe, dirt, sponge.
- Grinder: Kill monsters and collect 64 rotten flesh, 32 skeleton bones, 32 string, 32 arrows, 16 gunpowder, 5 spider eyes.
Reward: redstone dust, flint, water breathing potion, night vision potion and iron ore.
- Farmer: Harvest 64 wheat, 64 sugar, 64 melon, 64 carrots, 64 potatoes, 64 pumpkin.
Reward: redstone dust, cocoa bean, spawn eggs (chicken, cow, pig).
- Angler: Catch and cook 10 fish.
Reward: redstone dust, inksacs, iron ore.
- Treecutter: Collect 16 oak logs, 16 birch logs, 16 jungle logs, 16 spruce logs.
Reward: redstone dust, iron ore, wolf spawn egg.
- Cookie maker: Bake 128 cookies and a bucket of milk.
Reward: redstone dust, iron ore.
- Homestead: Build a home that contains at least a wooden door, bed, bookshelf, crafting table, furnace, glass-block window, and torch.
Hint: Use the last block of sand for the glass.
Reward: jukebox, music disk, lapis lazuli blocks.
- Craftsman: Reach island level 75.
- Nether: Build a nether portal on your island and activate it.
Reward: diamond sword.
- Enderpearls: Collect 15 enderpearls from endermen.
Reward: gold ingots, blaze rod.
- Slimeball farmer: Collect 40 slimeballs from slimes.
Hint: Extend your island to a slime chunk.
Reward: gold ingots, iron ore.
- Baker: Bake 5 cakes and 5 pumpkin pies.
Reward: gold ingots, diamond.
- Pioneer: Make a map and use it, a compass, a clock, and collect 64 netherrack, 16 soulsand, and 1 ghast tear.
Reward: rails, powered rails, ocelot spawn egg, diamond.
- Mason: Reach island level 150.
Reward: diamond, dirt, gold.
- Shepherd: Collect 5 of every color of wool.
Reward: diamonds, emeralds, music disks, sheep spawn egg.
- Alchemist: Brew potions of Fire Resistance, Slowness, Swiftness, Healing, Harming, Invisibility, Strength, and Regeneration.
Reward: enchantment table.
- DJ: Craft a jukebox and collect all music discs.
Reward: diamonds, emeralds, gold ingots.
- Gem collector: Collect 50 emeralds.
- Culinary artist: Collect 1 of every kind of cooked or crafted edible food.
Reward: gold blocks, music discs, mooshroom spawn egg, emeralds
- Beaconator: Build a beacon and let it shine!
Reward: every kind of stone brick.
- Village elder: Hold a village meeting with 10 villagers.
- My precious: Build an iron golem.
Reward: name tag, anvil, cauldron, iron blocks
- Snow play: Build a snow golem.
Reward: diamond shovel.
- Party time: Invite 4 friends to a party.
Reward: emeralds, pumpkin pies.
- Monster party: Get close to a Skeleton, Zombie, Spider, Creeper and Enderman all at the same time.
- Archduke: Achieve island level 1000.